środa, 25 stycznia 2017

10 things I've learned at uni

Hold on, hold on - before you'll close this post, I just want to let you know that this has nothing to do with my uni knowledge or the so-called "real knowledge", but it's all about the life knowledge.

1. People won't even think to judge you.
Going to Uni was pretty stressing. As an international student, I was scared that making new friends will be hard as f...., and others will judge the shit out of me. You know what? I can honestly admit that I met amazing people, who are not judgy at all and I feel that those friendships will bear the test of time. Maybe it's just because I'm studying at art uni, but we are so different and still everyone is amazing,, we just get along well. I can't imagine uni without my flatmates, which make the uni experience even better. 

2. I start to know that time management is the key to being successful. 
I'm not the best example when it comes to time management, yet... But I realized how many things you can do in an hour! Everything is possible if you start to plan and you actually do things as planned. It makes life so much easier and you'll have plenty of time left to just hang out with your friends. Apart from that, your grades will be better as well as you can spend more time polishing your piece rather than writing it the night before submitting. 

3. Male-female friendships are the best. 
And they do actually exist. When I would have to list my friends in the uni I would immediately think about two girls and five guys. Actually, I spend more time chilling with my "male besties" rather that girl-friends. If I had to pick, I'd probably not even think twice :)


4. Sleepovers are fun either if you're ten or twenty.
And by that, I mean that age doesn't matter at all! If you want to do something, just do it! If you like someone, don't think about their age! That's just a number, which shouldn't define you.

5. Spending time alone is cool.
Seriously, I started to appreciate the time which I can spend just with myself. It's nice to have an hour or two just for yourself. It doesn't really matter what you want to do with that time. Parts of the whole day you should spend just doing whatever you like. Do you want to take a nap? Do it! Maybe there's a book you wanted to read or a movie you'd like to watch? Play a game, study, make a fancy dinner for yourself. Do whatever you want, spend that time thinking just about yourself and don't feel bad about it!


6. You can say NO to things.
You don't have to do same things as others. It doesn't work like that, you have plenty of options so don't be afraid to say "no" to things. If you don't want to do something there's no point in trying to make yourself do it. Just slowly try to learn to say no. You know best what is good for you. 

7. Working full time is actually pretty fun
You meet new people, you learn new things and you earn money - sounds great and it is great. By the way by working full time as a student I mean working maximum three days per week to have time to take care of your coursework!


8. No one cares about your accent
That doesn't mean that people won't notice it or ask where you are from, but trust me - no one gives a shit about your accent if you can easily communicate with them. 


9. Talk with as many people as you can!
Not only will your English improve faster, but you'll make lots of friends! Just go out and talk with people! There's nothing better than that, and if you'll be living in halls - that's the right time to do it! 


10. Although you may feel so - you are never alone.
I know that it's hard at first, but after a month or maybe even a week you'll get used to living abroad or in another city. You'll meet people who'll become your second family and you have to know that no matter what they'll be there for you. Of course, you'll have fights! You'll quarrel about the smallest things in the whole world, but that's how it works! Not everyone has to agree with everything you say so just... chill, take a deep breath and remember that everything is going to be fine (if not MARVELOUS). 


University can sometimes seem hard, but what in life doesn't? If something is easy - it's not worth it! 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz


Każdy komentarz jest dla mnie ogromną motywacją do dalszych działań!!
Zostaw link do swojego bloga - na pewno go odwiedzę :)