czwartek, 5 października 2017

Letter to The Friend - one of the pieces from my last year's portfolio

Normally students take exams, art students submit portfolios each term for each module and that is one of the poems that I've submitted as a part of my portfolio last year for Poetry and Poetics. Enjoooooy

Letter to the Friend
I still can taste that vanilla
whiskey we used to drink back in our hometown.
It is just stuck in my mind.
Somehow I’m able to recall it all except
how you draw that small sketch
you later gave to the girl you used to like.

Objects in my flat keep reminding me of your
unique, quite beautiful smile.
With you, by my side, everything was better in the end.
Empty room of yours may slowly turn me into a psycho.
Realizing that you are
elsewhere, laughing at someone else’s jokes.
Have you forgotten? You and me, together through thick and thin.

Enjoy everything in life that you can get
rather than trying to highjack
everything you’ve got. Please, abandon
bad thoughts and memories too.

Unlucky I am not having seen new,
truly great things that happened to you. You still are my peach,
yet I feel as if I’m stuck in a limbo.

Okay, enough about me, I wanted to know,
Us, you and me, if you maybe will
add an hour to your schedule to meet me? I know you
rearranged your life, which was kind of drastic.

Every day I just think  
that I’d love to spend some time with my friend, who is all the time busy.
How fast everything changed, we got destroyed by the Tsunami.
Expiry date is on every object.
Rich memories are not enough when I’m sitting on my own with a glass of Martini.
Everything is alright with you I hope. I just miss
You
my dear
friend.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz


Każdy komentarz jest dla mnie ogromną motywacją do dalszych działań!!
Zostaw link do swojego bloga - na pewno go odwiedzę :)